It is the day someone called George, and not from England, didn't kill a dragon. So:
1. Shaking hands is a perfectly acceptable way to greet someone.
2. Real ale is served cellar cold. That is neither warm nor ice-chilled.
3. Cheddar cheese and home made bread for lunch.
4. Tea may be drunk between 3 and 5 p.m.
5. Stare at an oak tree in a field; green and pleasant is a good look.
6. Take the piss out of your friends or public figures, not strangers.
7. Football shirts should, by and large, be worn on football occasions.
8. How do you do? This does not require an answer, merely a repetition of the same phrase.
9. Excuse me and sorry.
10. Offa's Dyke, Hadrian's Wall and the English Channel are there for a reason.
11. Ask first if in doubt.
12. Don't believe the headline.