Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Murrays Restaurant

If you haven't found Murrays in Hill Road, Clevedon it is a gem. It continues to offer fine Italian food made with good local ingredients. Last night I had an excellent starter of squid with rocket, lemon zest, olive oil and a hint of chilli. Followed it with a main of beautifully cooked venison with potato cake (layered, with mustard seeds in the mix) spinach and girelles. Had to have a chocolate tart for pud. It was there. Good bottle of chianti too.

My companions had equally lovely food of which a main of braised rabbit with Tickenham potatoes, peas and tomato gravy looked fabulous and the pick of the things I wanted to taste.

Good ice creams and sorbets as a dessert alternative, wonderful cheese board and a fine pizza menu for faster eating. Prices mid-range but some quite expensive wines on the list.

3 comments:

fill said...

Isn't Mrs T a vegetarian? Does she not mind you eating Venison?

Mike Peatman said...

I won't tell my daughter my friend eats Bambi. She'll never forgive me.

Steve Tilley said...

Fill, Mrs T is not an ethical vegetarian. She doesn't eat meat because animals don't agree with her tummy. She doesn't mind making them into shoes and handbags.