Friday, June 02, 2006

Church Times

I have started taking the Church Times again. The Church Times will forever be the sort of newspaper you take rather than buy.

We all act out of mixed motives but I can honestly say that the primary reason I resubscribed was the job adverts.

I had forgotten how much fun it was. Here's a sample from today. It is in the column called Out of the Question in which readers pose questions and other readers provide answers - a sort of ecclesiological magazine equivalent of a radio phone-in.

'Some time ago I obtained a pattern for a knitted version of the Last Supper. I have mislaid the pattern, and the website from which I ordered it seems to have closed down. Does anyone know where I can get one? - EL'

Dear friends, does this not raise even more questions for you?

2 comments:

Simon said...

A stitch in time saves... 13?

Mike Peatman said...

Why is it the answers are usually signed: Gerald Cholmondoley (Reader). What kind of person puts Reader after their name?

The sort that answers Church Times queries, I suppose...