Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Pictures

Sorry about that picture of the cover of McLaren's book (trust me, that was what it was). It is a picture of two people emerging from a tunnel into the fog. My blurred image doesn't quite do it justice but does have the advantage of being from the impressionist school. All the picture posting stuff had been going swimmingly up to that point and I'd even begun to pluck up the courage to have a go at a bit of advanced stuff. Complacency eh? Where would I be without it?

Not going to do anything about it tonight but in the words of the prophet Clucas, 'If at first you don't succeed lower your standards.' The prophet Clucas is back from Kenya by the way and his bowels are working fine. I saw his seven sets of photos yesterday over a pint. OK two and a half, but he had three. My favourite was of an animal called (I think) a bongle to which the evolutionary deck has been so dealt that it is perfectly equipped to disappear by standing next to a two metre long, brown and cream bar-code. It looks like a chocolate ripple goat-sheep.

Thought for the night. Animals in zoos would look much more sparkly and animated if they were all kept in the same enclosure.

No comments: