Saturday, May 14, 2005

General Election 4

Not entirely sure I agree fully with Caroline's comment. The person we are talking about who we have in common, Don, a great houseparty leader, was an exellent listener. He simply felt that he was almost always right. By and large he was.

My point is that those of us who demand that we be listened to are actually asking for a change of heart not a hearing. My question is, how can I convince you I am listening to you if I still think you are wrong. This is Blair's problem.

Most politicians eventually bow to expediency - they realise they can't get all their agenda through so they do some things the public want in order to continue to be liked. Banning fox hunting may come under this heading. I think Blair may have made his final mistake in saying he is listening. Unless most people see some change of heart they will not be convinced.

No comments: