Saturday, June 21, 2014

Deadlines

I know this will feel a bit rich coming from someone just half way through a very enjoyable sixteen day holiday, but the end of a holiday can loom at you like a deadline. I am pretty sure that by the end of this week I will be looking forward to coming home (I usually do). There will be things about being away that bug me - hot nights, cheap sheets, noisy dogs, fireworks and church bells are the Gozo distraction - but I wish there wasn't a definite flight to catch and an end point. If there wasn't it may well be that I'd be home earlier than expected. It is the fixed point I don't like. My whole life runs by appointments. I don't want my holiday to end with one.

Same way I don't want my shower to end when the water stops because you haven't pressed one of those annoying buttons to keep it flowing. I want to decide.

OK. I'll get back to relaxing now. Just a control freak on vacation I guess.

No comments: