Saturday, October 12, 2013

How Many?

I remember concluding a training session a few years back and trying to summarise. I said something along the lines of, 'I have three things to say to end. At the moment I can only think of two but I'm sure there will be another one along before I've finished.'

At this point a colleague heckled, 'Why not play safe and go for five?'

Good point, well made.

Does anyone else think that some of the numbers in management training books are rather, well, arbitrary?

The seven habits of motivated people.
The six sins of management.
Ten top tips for highly performing teams.
Eight dietary needs for competent leadership.

(I made one of these up.)

Do people really keep thinking until they have exhausted the possibilities or until they have enough for a book? I'm only asking.

No comments: