Monday, December 03, 2012

Lent Books for Advent


I reckoned that it was as good a time to read a reflective book as any so I made that my spiritual aim for this Advent. Sadly I missed by quite a long way because the book I started on Thursday last week I also finished on Thursday last week. Many congratulations to Andrew Rumsey, ex of Ship of Fools and contributor to Third Way, for a page-turner of a book with far too many laugh out loud moments for a serious piece of Lenten reflection. Absolutely brilliant. And he refers to a venture leader who used to say 'May I encourage you not to do that.' We must have some shared history or a common ancestor. I know who he means. Anyway I was more than strangely warmed. I was boiled alive. Cracking stuff. The Mowbray Lent Book 2010; well deserved. Now. What shall I read this Advent?

1 comment:

Mike Peatman said...

Andy came to Clarendon CYFA ventures as a member and later as a leader. Had in my group, and also co-led the evening 'show' with him years later.