Friday, April 09, 2010

Friday Thinking

Large alabaster replicas of Shakespeare were placed in the field so passers by could throw stones at them.

Every Friday and then I get a bit morose and maudlin. I cheer up a little when I realise with pride that I can use those two words properly but there are so many possibilities on a lovely spring day off and yet by mid-afternoon I have only managed to do a weak once round the gym, played a bit of piano, shopped for supper, read last Sunday's papers and watched an episode of The Wire (becoming hooked).

There should be more than this.

I would like to be in a place where some of the alternative possibilities were missing. With no internet, DVD player or piano or the temptation to do anything but read, I might finish a book.

I don't like wasting a day off but then again I love days without agenda. More fun in the endless possibilities than the actual output. Yeah, like that one. Mos def (oops, Wire influence).

I want to talk to politicians.

I want to bust outside this canned reality
I want to turn around and see it like the way it's meant to be
(The Four of Us - Sensual Thing)

I want can't have.

Anyway, the punchline. They were very inaccurate. No bards holed.

I'll get my coat.

No comments: