Monday, February 22, 2010

The Boss?

I've been a great fan of good leadership for a long time. I try to practice it. You will have to ask the led how it's going.

I have spent hours discussing the difference between leadership and management, mentoring and coaching, teaching and training. I've never thought through the difference between a leader and a boss so I like this post on The Practice of Leadership site by George Ambler, tweeted by Tony Morgan.

By the way I learned everything useful about leadership by being on a team, then running, a CYFA Venture for 27 years. If you don't know where to start then ask CPAS if they need any help on Ventures this year? If you are 14 - 18 go on one. It will change your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At the end of the half term holiday club I was thinking about the huge amount of work that went in for the benefit of about 35 children (and their parents). However thinking about wider benefits I realised that such an event is a wonderful way of training future leaders. The young leaders learnt so much especially about taking responsibility during the few days. In addition they had the energy to join with the children at Noah's ark farm that the adults just didn't have. We couldn't ahve managed without them. Pauline