I was explaining how I did things and realised that I was a bit behind in actually doing them. For instance, how to keep records of your public speaking. What did you say, when and to whom? I have an excellent system which works best if every new presentation is immediately recorded. It has served me well for over 30 years but I haven't kept it up-to-date in the last three months. The more I don't, the bigger the job gets.
I was explaining how I like to keep my next four talks in my head. That way I am musing on what to say in four weeks time as well as fine-tuning this week's sermon. I was found out when asked what were the main themes of my talk a week on Sunday. I remembered I hadn't even looked at the title. Oops.
Today, I decided, was the day to get a grip. I will make sure I have my next four presentations in my head. OK, so what are they?
- Tonight's opening Alpha talk on Jesus
- Sunday morning harvest sermon at local free church
- Sunday evening sermon on lust and adultery (that should be a hard one)
- Monday's editorial work on parish profile
- Tuesday's Alpha talk on faith, oh don't worry that's number five
There is the vaguest hintette of a filing pile appearing which I will deal with at once. Thank you for your help.