Monday, July 16, 2007

Busy

Someone said to me yesterday that they knew I must be busy because I hadn't blogged. It was an interesting moment because for the last few years blogging has been something I have done when I am busy. It has been a way of occupying my fingers while I muse on something else (thus the vast amount of diarying that has been utter tripe) and a way of getting a bit of feedback to an idea from a random selection of the world starting with my friends.

By the way I accept the inevitable and have now succumbed, in my mind at least, to the idea of Facebook and will be setting up an account pdq. Then you can start, and I believe this is the technical term, poking me.

As it happened lots of good things happened last week in so many ways that you couldn't but feel an unseen hand was guiding it. But it was a bit more fire-fighting than I am comfortable with. I think, over the years, I have come to the conclusion that you get the best out of me if you leave me with bit of space so I felt I was short-changing people by being busy.

Anyway in the whole inter-connectedness of things, providence and that it is a quiet day at my house today. I started these so that the presence of visitors being quiet would make me spend some time in quiet myself once a month and so am delighted to be enjoying the silent company of half a dozen guests today.

Mark 6, if you want to read with us.

1 comment:

Mike Peatman said...

Looking forward to linking up on facebook. Join the cafe create group and I'll find you.