Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Big Blogger

Hello Steve, how are you today?

Hello blog. You sound like Big Brother. Are you going to leave those awkward silences in the hope that I will say something else?

I said how are you today?

I'm fine Big Blogger, how are you?

Big blogger would like to know how you have been getting on in the whole seeking-after-truth business?

Hmmm. How come you always manage to ask the awkward questions that people are trying to avoid?

Awkward silence

I see. Well I've found out lots about me over the last few days which kinda surprised me because I've been trying to find out truth about life and God and things like that.

Kinda?

Sorry, I've been reading a Carl Hiaasen book.

Have you managed to keep track of who all the characters are?

I had to make a list in the back in case I put it down for more than ten seconds.

Good idea. I'll try that.

Awkward silence

Still awkward silence

You're not going to crack are you?

What have you found out about yourself Steve?

I'm afraid I can't tell you.

Why not?

I'll get the sack.

It's just between you and me.

And the whole of the outside world.

No-one reads your blog Steve.

OK. Here's the summary. I can bluff it.

What can you bluff Steve?

Almost everything. Having so little faith that it would be unreasonable to describe me as a Christian is OK as long as there is fruit. There are huge chunks of biblical history where the only thing worth doing is waiting, resting and hoping. I've been doing that for about ten years now. It's the longest dry spell I've ever been through but throughout it I've been more productive than any other time in my Christian life. I get scared of someone asking me 'Do you believe what you say yourself?' or 'Do you believe what you've written yourself?' because if I'm honest, and you seem to be making me be, I'm doing faith from memory at the moment.

Seem to be making me be?

Sorry clumsy for an alleged communicator.

So what is the difference between someone living as a Christian who isn't sure and someone not living as a Christian who is?

Ask me on the Last Day?

If Christianity isn't true there won't be one.

Well Big Blogger, if this is all we've got we'd better seek after truth.

Why?

I'll let you think about that for the rest of the day.

I won't open the door of the diary room.

There isn't a door Big Blogger. You're me too. I created you. I'm leaving you in the lurch because I can. I'm going to get some breakfast and watch the extra features on The Terminal DVD.

No comments: