Monday, December 03, 2018

Advent Thought 2

This is a stove-pot coffee maker.

In my ten years at CPAS (Church Pastoral Aid Society) we tended to drink at the pace of the fastest. So it felt like every fifteen minutes or so someone said 'Do you want a drink' and woe betide you if you got a reputation for not making a round often enough.

My major contribution to the life of the team during that time was the purchase of a teapot and the elimination of instant coffee.

Moving on to semi-freelance for four years I realised I could make myself a drink for me only, whenever I wanted. The temptation to over-consume reared its ugly head. No cure for writer's block and no way to calm a busy brain.

So it was about this time I decided to make the coffee nicer and the experience of making it last longer. So, I got a good break and enjoyed my coffee.

I still do it. It is a good way of staying calm. Enjoy the wait for the coffee. You could maybe read an Advent thought during the wait.

No comments: