Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dream dream dream

I may have shared my recurring dream before. The backdrop varies but the situation is always that I need to be somewhere or do something and things are conspiring to distract me, block my way, or hinder progress.

I have almost reached the point where I can break into my own dream, without waking up, and announce to myself that I am dreaming.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that this tells me I am frustrated by the slow progress of my work.

Parish life isn't hard like log-chopping is, or tedious like a table-top manufacturing job might be, but it is all about the technique of lining things up in the same direction so the whole thing will move. It can be incredibly slow.

Today I am frustrated that something has gone wrong only I can fix and it is taking my mind off important things.

We all want the gospel to be effective but we stay where we are because we can't agree precisely how. Clinging mud; can't walk forwards.

Thank you I feel a bit better now.

No comments: