Friday, September 23, 2011

REM RIP

At the request of @steveclarke_ , and following the anouncement of the end of the world as we know it (gerrit?), my top five REM tracks:

All the way to Reno
Imitation of life
Losing my religion
Driver 8
Living well is the best revenge

And my three favourite albums:

Fables of the Reconstruction
Reveal
Accelerate

This was hard; tomorrow the list could be different. The band have given me pleasure over 25 years and I saw them live twice, separated by 20 years. Rock City, Nottingham in about 1987. Michael Stipe so down in the mix and almost singing with his back to the audience. He wore a masonic apron. As an encore they played Wheels (cha cha).

20 years later at Cardiff Arena they played two songs from most of their many albums and lots of Accelerate.

Thanks guys. It's been a blast.

No comments: