Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Godstuff Editorial Meetings

It is 1215. Three volunteers sit round a table. Bob enters the room:

Bob
I've just discovered a massive sod's law field.

(Steve and Matt ignore him. Alasdair falls into the trap of responding)

Alasdair
What's that?

Bob
I printed a whole page of these labels on blank paper to check they worked. They worked. When I used actual labels they all went wrong.

(Steve and Matt smirk to themselves. Alasdair mourns the loss of three minutes of his life)

It's not me who created the sod's law field. Rymans impregnated all these labels so we would waste lots of their stickers.

Alasdair
These are really sticky.

Rest of Cast
They're called stickers.

Alasdair
How is putting stickers in books part of my job? It's nothing to do with the web-site.

Bob
They've got the web address on them.

Alasdair
Oh.

Matt
Is it time for the pub yet?

Exeunt

To be continued...

No comments: