Thursday, April 29, 2010

Turkeys and Christmas

On the Bristol Road, heading north-east out of Nailsea, there is a junction with the road from Flax Bourton to Failand. And at this junction, opposite the North Somerset Showground, is a rare breeds farm. I frequently slow down as I drive along the road to see if I can spot llama and alpaca in the field, along with baby lambs. Rural idyll or what?

Can you think of anything more unlikely to be situated on the boundary fence of a field containing young fleecy things than a six foot blue and white sign saying Vote Fox?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your way of making observations Steve.
I passed the very spot today anad didn't make the connection.
What I thought was, "It's all these farmers and landowners that make this constituency Tory."
Pauline