Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Making Your Mind Up

Without prejudice to how I may eventually use my vote I refer readers to whoshouldyouvotefor.com. By spending ten minutes answering a series of simple questions your preferences will be matched with the various political parties. Then you will be told which is closest. Before submitting the form you will be asked what you expect to be told. My results are interesting for they show no great difference between Greens, Labour or Liberal Democrat in the ability to deliver what I think the government should do. That leaves me with very little option but to vote tactically.

Of course there will be other local issues, and many national ones, which get no mention and may be key for you. Abortion, pylons and war to name but three.

Take the Who Should You Vote For? England quiz

Labour34
Green30
Liberal Democrat30
UK Independence-49
Conservative-52

You expected: LIB

Your recommendation: Labour

2 comments:

JET said...

Thanks for this Steve. I tried it and came out massively for Labour... interesting tho. Quite appropriate timing as my postal vote arrived this morning. North Somerset doesn't have a three way choice really. From my point of view their websites leave something to be desired too!

RuthJ said...

I would suggest that in so exceptionally safe a constituency as this, no one has any option but to vote tactically, unless they are Conservative voters, in which case they can have the luxury of voting both tactically and by conviction.