Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Big Blogger

INTERIOR NIGHT

St is sitting at his desk with a bowl of porridge. He is breathing out frost and occasionally feeling the radiator next to him. A ghostly apparition appears

BB
Morning St. You're up early. How's it going?
St
Hey BB. I'm OK.
BB
No you're not.
St
You're right. I wanted to lay this out like a film script but blogger edit is pants for that.
BB
That's not the problem.
St
No, I guess not. I searched for myself on the Diocesan web-site and I don't exist.
BB
That's brilliant. A full-time job with pay where no-one knows you exist. Perfect.
St
Is it?
BB
Of course. Don't tell anyone. Still. That's not the problem either.
St
It isn't?
(Beat)
You're not going to speak again are you?
(Beat)
OK, I get the hang of it. It's been a while. BB I've got over 50 things on my things to do list and I don't really care about any of them.
BB
Nothing scary enough?
St
Quite.
BB
You need to go away for a few days and read, get your head put back together, take a Sunday off and get ready to do all that Christmas guff you do so well.
St
Guff?
BB
You know what I mean. By the way.
St
Yeah
BB
You exist, but only in my head.
St
Aaaagh!!
St and MSS will be back after a bit of R and R in Derbyshire. Mrs Mustard remains available at home.

No comments: