Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bonk Holidays

I always felt that my birthday was quite unusually common. That is, there seem to be a lot of people who share the date with me. I have four other friends who share the same date. The newspaper tells me I share the celebration with:

Heston Blumenthall and Jamie Oliver
Pat Cash, John Conteh, Paul Gascoigne and Duncan Goodhew
Cilla Black and Denise Van Outen
Henry Kissenger
Rebekah Wade
Christopher Lee

I never twigged. Just didn't bother to work it out. But now, in a moment's pondering which I fear I will regret for the rest of my days, I reckon I know what my, and all these people's, parents were doing over previous year's August Bank Holidays. Strewth.

3 comments:

RHK said...

Lorra, lorra laffs at this one!

And there was me thinking it was all to do with astrology.

Steve Tilley said...

Bank holiday in August changed from beginning of month to end in early 70s. Theory shot to pieces.

Mike Peatman said...

I was born late - due on Sep 30, so that's a New Year's Eve get-together, I reckon.

I share a birthday with Richard III, Ghandi, Groucho Marx, Mike Rutherford, Phil Oakey and Trevor Brooking. Beat that