Monday, October 22, 2007

Barometers

I used one of my favourite stories in Holy Trinity last night. It is about some amusing answers given to the physics examination question, 'Show how you could measure the height of a tall building using an ordinary domestic barometer.' It got a good few laughs and made its point but afterwards one of the young people, final year at school doing A levels, asked me what a barometer was. Lord help us all. I usually try and assume ignorance when preaching but I may have to assume greater levels than ever before. Not sure I'll be able to stand the pressure.

6 comments:

Andy said...

Any chance you can post a transcript for us 9.15am people????

Steve Tilley said...

Andy, I only post sermon illustrations if I never want to use them again. I'm sure an occasion will come along where it is suitable for an early communion. Or I'll tell you privately.

Steve Tilley said...

Sorry I confused you with another Andy, Andy. I'll find some way to tell you.

Anonymous said...

Is global warming drying up the old Presupposition Pool?

By the way: 'made its point'....

: - )

Rory

Mike Peatman said...

You couldn't resist the pressure gag, could you!

Steve Tilley said...

Eeek sorry and thanks Rory. Apostrofly removed.