Friday, April 06, 2007

Seder meal

To the fifty or so who shared the Seder meal last night at the Trinity Centre, thanks for your company. It was a lovely, thought-provoking, family and funny evening.

I was in great company on my table although I think we might have put all the accident-prone together in one place. We didn't set fire to our table cloth (which one group did) but we did spill wine and break a chair.

How different communion might have become on this holy night:

'On the night before he was betrayed he sat down with his disciples on a chair. When he had given thanks he broke it and gave it to them saying, take eat...'

Likewise after supper he took the cup and said, 'This is my blood of the new oops, blast anyone got a cloth?'

Poignant and hilarious. Probably more passoverlike than any I've been to previously. Passoverlite maybe? Thanks JB for putting it together.

1 comment:

RuthJ said...

Thanks indeed! Our table particularly appreciated the image of a land flowing with mild and honey, or mild and bitter as my neighbour interpreted it ... For me, looking back to a previous passover meal in the same place, it was good to feel so much part of the family this time, instead of strangely distanced. Not sure how much of the change was in me, how much in the church. But good anyway.