Saturday, October 22, 2005

Training

Done anything difficult today? Struck a match on a jelly? Scored a hat-trick after coming on as an 87th minute substitute? Read the whole Bible in a second language?

Peasy that lot. Child's play.

Let me tell you what I did today. Friends it was the toughest thing I ever did in my life. I taught my 77 year old mother to use her DVD player. She doesn't know how it came to be turned off with the lead to the TV dangling loose. She didn't pull it out but she lives alone so that poltergeist electrician must have been at it again.

Anyway she is now equipped with the instructions on the back of an old envelope. She even knows how to pause a film to go to the loo or make a cup of tea now. Bless. Did I tell you she still drives. A car. Really. She has the instructions written on several envelopes in the glove box.

'If I only need six of the buttons on the remote thingy what are all the others for?'

Next time Mum, next time.

No comments: