Friday, October 14, 2005

Tired

7.15 a.m. was too early to transfer my intellectual capacity from yesterday's paper and a cup of coffee in bed to jacking points, wheel braces and locking nuts. Every now and again comes a reminder that I am not wholly useless at practical things and that I can rescue my damsel in distress from a flat tyre. Still it is not my place in life to have dirty fingernails before breakfast and I am blogging to warm back up for a day writing about peace and conflict for those nice people at World Vision. Let me through; I'm a writer.

Every time I write for World Vision I end up feeling the need to give my fee back to the disaster of the month appeal. This is not said in order to treat bad things lightly, but there do seem to have been a lot of disasters this year.

No comments: