Sunday, June 09, 2024

Things Can Only Get 18

Yesterday my home village had a fête. There were many lovely feedback comments on the village Facebook page and one person who complained that it wasn’t made clear enough that you had to buy pink tickets on the way in to spend on the stalls and they won’t be coming next year.

I once spoke warmly about a new restaurant I had discovered and some folks I knew said they would never go there again because they had been once and waited ages for coffee.

I was chatting to an intelligent man on a walk just before the 2015 General Election. We got round to the question of voting and he told me clearly that he was voting Conservative, always did, and would not discuss it.

What is it that has fixed your mind on the quality of an event or place?

What is it that has fixed your mind on how you vote, the character of a leader, the vision of a party? Would you forgive a mistake, given time? It feels like quite a few camels’ backs have been broken this last couple of years but 20% of voters would stick rather than twist. And many won’t discuss it. You?

No comments: